Today you can check out the Healthy Aging and Falls Prevention Day, activities May 2 and rain date May 9!
You are never too young to start balance and strength exercises like Tai Chi. I was amazed or rather shocked at how much my balance has changed since recently starting physical therapy exercises.
Some tips for every day are:
- Stay active.
- Strengthen different muscles with changing up what you do to stay active.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. If you do something 80 % of the time, you are winning.
- Make it fun! If you have fun with it the habit will be easier to sustain.
- Make it social. I walk with different friends at lunchtime when I am working at least once a week.
- Change it up. I was a runner or actually slow jogger for years. I got bored now that I’m in my fifties. But I love a good walk and gardening.
It becomes easier to make it a habit, when starting early to make a change.